- adj. 醒目的，有趣的；引人注意的
- v. 逮捕（arrest的ing形式）
- arresting (n.)
- early 15c., "action of stopping" someone or something, verbal noun from arrest (v.).
- arresting (adj.)
- "striking, that captures the imagination," 1792, present participle adjective from arrest (v.).
- 1. The most arresting feature is the painted wall decoration.
- 2. By arresting the organisation's two top leaders the government and the army have now raised the stakes.
- 3. The tone of his voice is so arresting that everyone listened attentively.
- 4. When the houses were finished, they were effective and arresting.
- 5. There was evidently some object which was arresting the passengers and forming them into a knot.